History of Business
MDS Logistics Ltd (formerly known as Manufacturers’ Delivery Services – MDS) was established in 1965 to provide warehousing services to GBO which at the time was the merchandising division of UAC of Nigeria PLC (UACN).
MDS operated as a department within GBO and provided services to only UACN companies, an offering which over time was extended to third party companies. Currently UACN owns 51% of MDS while Imperial Logistics owns 49% through a strategic partnership concluded in April 2013. MDS Logistics.
Core of Business
MDS Logistics is Nigeria’s leading provider of integrated supply chain solutions offering logistics and ancillary services to manufacturers, importers, service providers and wholesale distributors across the nation.
The company provides a unique bouquet of logistics solutions with operations across the three major supply chain service segments:
- Inventory Management
- Sales Order Administration
- Information Management
- Credit Control Administration
- 48 distribution centres and 53 offsite inventory management centres in 31 states covering a catchment area of over 400 cities and villages
- Specialised and offsite Warehouse Management
- Cold Storage & Distribution
- IT Enabled Inventory Management
- Value-added services:
packaging, strapping, crating
- Central Haulage hub with 50 clock in points across the nation
- Specialised motor workshop to ensure minimum downtime
- Visibility enabled vehicle tracking
- Reverse logistics
- Promasidor Nig. Ltd
- The Lacasera Company Ltd
- Grand Cereals Limited
- Society for Family Health
- Imperial Health Sciences
- Guinness Nigeria Plc
- CHI Limited
- Etisalat Nigeria
- Airtel Networks Limited
Located in 31 states in Nigeria covering 50 distribution centres across a catchment area of 400 cities.